While it is true that every relationship is unique from one another, they can be similar with one another in terms of issues or problems. They may come in different forms but they are actually the same in general. The only difference lies on how a couple reacts to a certain situation. We may not understand why we have to face problems while we are in a relationship but they actually serve as tests. No relationship is said to be strong without passing the tests or overcoming the challenges. So what are the typical issues in a relationship? Let us talk about some common relationship issues and let's see how we can address each. Take a look at the following list of issues.
• Incompatibility. We often hear couples breaking up because of irreconcilable differences. This is due to the fact that there are people who are not willing to sacrifice their beliefs, practices, and dreams for their partner. If lovers have not learned the art of compromising, there will be no hope in the relationship. Your relationship will not be successful if this is the case. While it's true that everyone is unique and you are different from your partner, you have to learn how to meet halfway.
• Communication. Another common issue is the line of communication. When you know pretty well that it is important, you will refrain from keeping secrets from your partner. You need to keep the lines open which means you have to express your thoughts and emotions to your partner. Learn how to share your life with your partner. Do not be afraid to show how you really feel. Do not be afraid to reveal your true feelings even if you think you will not be understood. Just try your partner. Try sharing and expressing. Lay down your burdens and allow your partner to carry some. That's what you should do.
• Religion. One of the common issues of relationships is religion. When lovers have conflicting religious beliefs and practices, there will be chaos in the relationship. Having different beliefs will only lead to numerous arguments. Imagine how peaceful it would be if both of you have the same set of beliefs.
• Trust issues. It's pretty normal to be doubtful sometimes. However, there are times when too much doubt can get to your head that it starts to consume your relationship. You tend to be overly suspicious. You tend to put malice to things even without concrete basis. Your trust issues start to eat you up and this would cause trouble or conflict between the two of you.
• Acceptance. At times, you experience difficulty in dealing with your partner's personality traits and even his/ her beliefs. This is especially true when you came from different cultures. It is really difficult to reconcile your differences.
• Money. It's actually sad that this is also one of the common relationship issues, particularly in marriage. It is also true with cohabitating couples. Money matters can even cause a marriage breakdown when they get worse.
• Responsibilities. As partners, you have your own duties and responsibilities to perform. You have to work hand in hand to make your relationship work. You both need to exert effort to nurse the relationship.
These common relationship issues can really cause a relationship breakdown if they are not well-taken care of. If you experience any of the abovementioned issues, better do something before it's too late. Don't just sit and watch your relationship fall. Talk with your partner and discuss what you have to discuss. Practice the art of compromising if you really want to keep each other and you care for the relationship. Do something and try your very best to find solutions.
You might also like to read about handling stress in a relationship and marital issues with in-laws.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dennis_Aguilar
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7006428
A Few Common Relationship Issues And How To Solve ThemAuthor: Benny
There are many different kinds of relationship issues that couples experience throughout the duration of their relationship. There are many reasons for these issues, be it past experiences or certain misgivings that have happened between the two people in the relationship, but it is of utmost importance that couples work together to try and get through these issues. Too many times people break up because they are not able to address their problems properly and end up letting the relationship issues get the better of them and end the relationship all together. Here are a few common issues and how you can address them:
This is probably one of the most common types of issue in relationships. This causes a lot of different issues to arise as well, such as jealousy and doubt. So many times either the man or the woman in the relationship gets mad at even the smallest things, like a man looking at another woman or the woman being close friends with another man. These kinds of relationship issues most commonly occur because of a bad experience in the past. Sometimes, these trust issues form because one person in the relationship was cheated on in a past relationship, or they come from a family where one parent was unfaithful.
One way that you can address this issue is to be completely honest with each other. if you are the one that is dealing with a partner with trust issues, what you can do is to make sure that you let them know that you are to be trusted. This is not done through words, but through actions. Rather than telling them that they can trust you, show them. Take the extra effort to let them know that you are open about your life and whom you are with, and that you have no secrets from them.
These kinds of relationship issues are very destructive, and they are even more dangerous than outright jealousy and the like, because when a couple avoids issues altogether, they never get to solve it. this usually happens when one or both parties are not good with handling conflict. This kind of issue must be addressed before a certain problem that you are avoiding talking about starts to eat at the relationship from the inside. It is avoidance that usually causes abrupt divorces and annulments, simply because the problems were never given the chance to be solved. Make it a point to open communication lines and talk about all problems openly. This may be hard at first, but this kind of communication is much healthier in the long run.
Sadly, money has broken so many families in the past. Issues of money are certainly a lot more delicate, as there are so many factors that are both emotional and legal that must be considered. Make sure to always be honest about your financial status to your partner. Being open about this and even sharing your financial situations with each other, will make you feel more like partners than enemies, thus avoiding relationship issues that are because of money.